Many of us are in big trouble remembering passwords and passcode. However these passcode are really important to avoid invasion of someone to your iPhone. What happens when you don’t remember your passcode you just set on your iPhone. It could be troublesome when you try to recall the passcode but couldn’t help finding one to unlock your iPhone. You might be in a need to make a call or receive a message or it could be anything more important you want to do. You should follow the steps described below to get out of trouble by bypassing the passcode on your iPhone.
Restoring with iTunes
Restoring of an iPhone when we don’t have the passcode is the best available option to access the phone. It obviously will wipe the data but you can at least unlock your phone and can have access to your phone and can use it again. So firstly you need to make sure your phone is charged to atleast 20% or more. Then you have to,
- Hold down the Power button to turn the iPhone off. You can see the option Slide to Power off. Therefore you need to power off the device.
- Now connect the USB cable to your Mac.
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Press and hold the Home Button while connecting the iPhone to your Mac via the USB cable (the iPhone 7 users have to hold the Volume down key while connecting to the Mac).
- The iPhone will start in Recovery Mode with a blue screen with iTunes logo.
- You can see a message on iTunes that is, ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore thisiPhone before it can be used with iTunes‘.
- Now here you have to Restore the iPhone, so click OK.
- Click Restore Phone and your iPhone will be restored and all the data will be erased.
- Now you have to enter you Apple ID and Password that you have used earlier on your iPhone and click Continue.
- You have two options, Restore From This Backup or Setup as New iPhone.
- You can choose your desired option and click Continue.
Your iPhone will start as new without asking for the passcode. However if you want to add or remove a passcode you can simple go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.