Windows Defender is a built-in app in Windows 10. When users install or upgrades their PC to Windows 10, then Windows Defender automatically installed in their PC. Learn about how you can disable Windows defender in Windows 10 with these methods. Use either Group Policy OR use the Registry methods for that.
Disabling the Windows Defender is not much simple as it is the default antivirus installed in Windows 10. If some other antivirus or anti-malware is installed in PC, then the Windows Defender will automatically disabled by the PC. But if you want to run your PC without any antivirus, then disabling Windows Defender is little difficult.
Ways to Disable Windows Defender
There are the two main ways to disable the Windows Defender in Windows 10. Both of these ways are described below:
- Through Registry
- Through Group Policy
Disable Windows Defender Through Registry
The first and easy way to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 is by using Registry. Just take the simple few steps to disable Windows Defender in your PC:
- First of all, turn on your PC and search for the “Regedit.exe“.
- Then, press enter and open the “Registry Editor“.
- Go to Hkey-Local-Machine > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows Defender.
- Right Click on the empty space and go to “New“.
- Click on the option “DWORD (32-BIT) Value” and new file will be created. Rename it to “DisableAntiSpyware“.
- Open it and enter its value 1 and click on the boX “OK“. That`s it.
Disable Windows Defender Through Group Policy
The other method to disable the Windows Defender in Windows 10 is using Group Policy. This method is only available to those users, who are using the Pro Windows 10 edition. If you are not, then follow the first method. Through Group Policy, the users can disable Windows Defender as:
- Search for the “Gpedit.msc” and open it.
- After opening Local Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration. Then, Administrative Templates, now Windows Components and then open Windows Defender.
- Scroll down on the right side and look for the option “Turn off Windows Defender“. Open it.
- Click on the option “Enabled“.
- Then, click on the box “Apply” to save the changes.
Through this method, the users of Windows 10 Pro Edition can only disable the Windows Defender. So, if you are having a problem with Windows Defender, then just disable it through the simple method.