Sometimes your iPhone not works properly and you can restart the phone and works fine. But sometimes it may happen that the restarting the phone doesn’t help and you need to put your phone to recovery mode. Recovery mode helps to troubleshoot a problem that may occur any time in your phone. Sometimes only the recovery mode helps your iPhone to properly work again.
Enter Recovery Mode
The recovery mode is needed when in case while updating the iOS in your iPhone a problem arises and update cannot be completed. You may also need to enter the iPhone to recovery mode when you download beta version of iOS and you see some error. To enter to the recovery mode you have to follow the steps described below.
- Keep your iTunes up to date on your Mac and then connect your USB cable to the Mac but don’t plug the iPhone to the cable right now.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac.
- Press the home button and sleep/wake button to turn off the iPhone.
- Now connect your iPhone to the cable while holding the Home button and sleep/wake button for about 10 seconds. It will turn on your iPhone in Recovery Mode, with an Apple logo on the screen.
- The iPhone is now connected to iTunes. A message appears in iTunes to ask to either Update or Restore the iPhone.
- Press on Update to update the iOS without erasing your data. It will try to resolve the issues in your iPhone with the updated iOS and data will not be deleted from your phone.
- If update does not work you have to Restore the phone. Repeat the above steps and click on Restore this time.
Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode
You can exit the recovery mode any time by pressing the power and home button. After the completion of the restoring process, the iPhone restarts and it is out of the Recovery mode. However if you want to exit the recovery mode during the Restore process you have to,
- Disconnect the iPhone from Mac by detaching the cable.
- Press the sleep/ wake button to turn off your iPhone.
- Now press sleep/wake button again to turn on the iPhone.
- Now release the button and the iPhone will restart.