Sometimes when you sign out of your iCloud account and when you log in again then you may find some of your contacts are missing. You don’t need to panic because the contacts are still there in your iCloud you can easily recover your contacts. Let us discuss how we can retrieve the lost contacts in iPhone using iCloud.
Add iCloud as default Account
Once you have signed out of your iCloud account and sign back in then you need to change the account settings for the contacts app to iCloud on your iPhone. To do it you have to go to,
- Setting app on your iPhone.
- Click on Contacts.
- Now tap on Default Account.
- Tap on iCloud.
Now iCloud is added as default account settings for your phone’s Contacts app.
Access the unsynchronised Contacts
When you reset the iCloud as default Account for the Contacts app, you may notice some of the contacts from your iPhone are missing. You have to find the contacts that are missing and add them to your contacts app so that when iCloud backs up the phone next time, the contacts are added and saved. To synchronize the missing contacts in your iPhone you have to go to,
- The Phone app in your iPhone.
- Now click on Contacts.
- Tap Groups on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now click on All iCloud to uncheck it.
- Tap on All( Your phone’s name) to choose it.
- Now tap on Done on the top right corner for confirmation.
Now you can check all the contacts synchronized on your iPhone and check them to find the contacts that are missing. Then you can add the missing contacts of phone to your iCloud Contacts list.
How to add the unsynchronised contacts to iCloud
You have to add the missing contacts to iCloud through your messages app.When you find the contact that is missing you have to,
- Tap on the contacts name and then tap on Share Contact.
- Now choose Message App to share the contact with yourself.
- Open the message and tap on the contact card.
- Now tap on Create New Contact.
- Add details of the contact and click on Done from the upper right corner.