Storage devices are getting bigger these days but we are filling the hard drives with more pictures and videos from the internet or our mobile phones. So if the internal storage is getting out of space then instead of buying new device we need to free the disk space occupied by the unimportant files and folders.
The system performance also effects with the filling of disk space. So we need to analyse and delete those files which are wasting the space and impact the system performance. To clean up the disk to avoid consuming more space it is really important to remove the unnecessary files, cookies, temporary internet files and files in recycle bin. To free up disk space in windows 10 follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Free Up Disk Space in Windows 10
To free up disk space in windows 10 is really important, as it deletes the unnecessary files and speeds up the system. To delete the unnecessary files and folders in windows 10, we have to follow the instruction given below.
- Go to Setting app.
- Click on System and navigate to the Storage.
- In Storage there is an option Storage Sense, we have to turn it on.
- Now you can see a link Change how we free up space under Storage Sense.
- Now you can see two options ‘Delete temporary files that my apps are not using’and ‘Delete files that have been in the Recycle Bin for over 30 days’ are turned on by default. You can turn if off if you restore the files from recycle bin or delete it later.
- Click on ‘Clean now’ to free up some space now if you are running low in space.
There are some other ways also to clean up disk space in windows 10 by clearing the cache and by deleting or uninstalling the programs and apps not in use from your windows. It speeds up your system by creating more space in memory.