There is always a large amount of data in your iPhones and iPads. The data includes your photos, videos, messages and contacts etc. There is always a need of backing up the data in so in case you lost your phone or it broke then there must be backup off your important data. To create the backup of your iPhone or iPad we are using iCloud. Lets have a look to learn how to backup iPhone and iPads.
Using iCloud for Backup
iCloud is a feature provided by iOS which allows your phone to backup data whenever your phone is o charging and connected to an internet connection and is locked. Then iCloud creates backup of the phone’s data to the cloud.
Steps for Backing up
- To turn on backup on your phone you need to go to the Settings.
- Tap iCloud.
- Now click on Backup.
- Make sure iCloud backup is turn on.
- Now click on Back up Now.
Check the Backup
When the iCloud is backing up the phone’s data, connect the phone to wireless connection. To check the backup you have to:-
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Storage.
- Now click on Manage Storage. It will show the details of the backup. The size of the backup and the backup time.
- The Manage Storage will show you the devices under the heading Backups. Tap on the device to manage the apps you want to create the backups.
- You can view Backup Options and under it you have to click on Show all Apps.
- Now all the apps whose backup can be created is displayed. Toggle it off if you don’t want to create backup for that app.
Restore From iCloud
Setting up a new device always asks if you want to ‘Restore From iCloud Backup’.You can choose this option when you want backup from your iPhone or iPad. You have to enter your iCloud Username and Password. Choose a backup by date and size and choose the relevant one and transfer starts. iPhone is set with the data from the iCloud and all the applications are installed according to the iCloud.