Getting iMessage notifications on your Mac book can be annoying at times especially while at work. These messages are received from other apple devices like your iPhone, iPad which are synchronized with your Mac book. You don’t want to receive any of those messages then you need to learn how to turn off messages on Mac. You can disable the messages to receive on your Mac following the simple methods described below.
How to Stop Getting Messages on Mac
- Go to Messages app on your Mac book
- Click on Messages from the top left corner of menu bar and select Preferences.
- Click on Account tab in Message Preferences Window.
- You can see number of accounts in the left panel which you set to receive messages on your Mac.
- Tap on the account you don’t want to receive messages from and uncheck ‘Enable this account’.
- Click on Signout.
It helps you stop getting messages from the accounts on your Mac book. Once you want to open Messages app on your Mac then you need to login again.
Stop Messages by Removing the Accounts
If you are tired of getting the messages continuously and you don’t want to receive any kind of notifications at all. Then there is another way to not get any messages from other devices on your Mac book. You just have to permanently remove the account from your Mac book. In this case the devices from where the messages are receiving will not be linked to your Mac book. To perform this task we have to:-
- Open the Messages app on your Mac.
- Click the Messages from top left and click on Preferences.
- Click the “Accounts” tab and choose to remove an account. It removes the particular account permanently.
Using these are two simple methods you get to know how to turn off messages on mac book.