Apple has released its new beta version for iOS called iOS 11Public beta. It is available for downloading. The iOS 11 Public beta has many new features and it is in a testing phase after which the Apple will release its full and final version. We don’t recommend downloading the beta version of iOS 11 as it contains bugs and errors. You can read here whether you should or shouldn’t download the public beta version of iOS 11 to your phone. If you are anyhow interested to download the beta version of iOS 11 then its better should download and install it in your secondary device. Let us have a look how to download and install the iOS 11 public beta to your iPhone.
Backup your iPhone
Before installing the update you should first create a backup of your iPhone. In case you want to reverse the download you can get back the data of your phone. Or maybe any mishap happens during the installation process, you will have the backup of your phone. Therefore to create a backup of your iPhone you have to follow the following steps.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using data cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon on the menu bar.
- Under the Backups click on This Computer.
- Also check Encrypt iPhone backup and add a Password.
- Click on Backup Now.
- Go to the iTunes and then Preferences from menu bar.
- Now click on Devices tab and then option-click on your Backup and select Archives.
Account Registration and enroll Device
To install the iOS 11 beta you have to enrol your device in Apple Beta Software Program. But if you already enrolled to Apple Public Beta then you simply have to sign in with the same Apple ID. However to sign up for public beta you have to,
- Go to beta.apple.com.
- Now click on Sign up.
- You have to enter your Apple ID, email address and password.
- Now click on Sign in.
- Click on Accept to agree on the terms and conditions.
- From the guide of public beta screen choose iOS device tab and click on Download Profile.
- Tap on Install for the beta agreement.
- Again click on Install at the bottom for confirmation.
- Click on Restart to Reboot your device.
Installation of iOS 11 Public Beta
To install the iOS 11 Public beta on your iPhone you have to follow the steps described below.
- Go to Settings from your iPhone.
- Click on General and Software Updates.
- When the update appears click on Download and Install.
- Enter Passcode.
- Click on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- The device will reboot to complete the installation.
Get started with iOS 11 Public beta
After your iPhone reboots it will run the new iOS 11 Public beta. To complete the setup you have to,
- Click Continue.
- Enter you Apple ID and Password.
- Click on Get Started.
- After this your device will display the home screen and you are ready to explore the new iOS 11 public beta on your iPhone.