Almost all of us use our emails sending and receiving in our iPhone. You must have set your email account in your iPhone’s email account. Sometimes it may happen while working on your email you get a message that the email app stopped working. You email app is not loading up the emails or it shows a message that the mail server is not responding. It is really annoying especially when you are in a middle of some important mail and can’t get your work done. Here are few things you can check if you are unable to use your iPhone’s email account.
Check Your Network Connection
When your email app is not downloading the emails there might be a problem with your network connection. You have to check that your Wi-Fi network is working properly and it has strong signals. To check your Wi-Fi go to the Settings > Wi-Fi and Toggle it Off and On again. If it does not work you can also try to Reset your Network Connection. You should know the Wi-Fi password before settings it up. To reset the network connection you have to,
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap on General.
- Now Click on Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the Password.
- Click Confirm.
Quit the Mail App
When your email app stopped working you should try to force quit the email app and try to launch it again. This might help to solves he problems which were arising initially. To quit the email app you have to,
- Double click on the Home Button.
- From the multitasking window swipe from side to side to locate mail.
- Swipe mail up to close the window.
- Tap on mail to launch it again.
Reset your iPhone
When above two methods doesn’t work try to reset your iPhone. Hold on the Power key and you will see a message, ‘Swipe to Power off’. Slide to turn off your iPhone and once it is turned off, you have to press the power button to turn on your iPhone again. Many small issues in your iPhone are resolved by resetting your phone.
Setup your Email Account Again
One of the options is to try to set your email account again. There might be some problem with the email account you are using, either you password or username is not correct. Therefore firstly delete the email account already you are using. You have to,
- Go to the Settings App.
- Now click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Click on the Account you want to delete, deleting your email account will delete all the email saved in your email app. But after you reset the email account again the email will be loaded again from the server.
- Now tap on Delete Account and click on Delete from my iPhone from the popup menu.
Reset the Email Account
Once you have deleted the email account you need to restart the iPhone. After the phone restart you have to,
- Click on Settings App.
- Now go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Now tap on Add account.
Follow the instructions to add new email account. And once you have added your email account you will be able to get your emails on your iPhone.
Update your iOS
Updating the iPhone helps to enhace the performance of your iPhone. When you have errors on your iPhone e.g. email account is not working then updating the iPhone helps in resolving such issues. Try to update your iPhone by going to,
- Settings and tap on General.
- Click on Software Update. If the update is available the device will show you a message. Click on Install Now to install the iOS update to your phone. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.