YouTube strictly follows the copyright rules and if you violate the copyrights of YouTube by putting on the content without the consent of the owner it can take your video down or even suspend your account. If you want to use any content present on YouTube for your videos like you want to add some song into your video then you must follow the copyright rules for the video. Follow the simple steps described below to legally add copyrighted music on youtube videos.
Use the songs from YouTube Library
YouTube provides 100s of free song in its library which you can use in your videos without any copyright violations. It is free and provides you list of songs sorted by artist and music genre and moods in this way you can legally add copyrighted music on YouTube videos without any copyright violation. It also helps to adjust the volumes of the song in your videos. Following the simple steps described below:-
- Go to your Video Manager Page.
- Select the video on which you want to add music.
- Click the Audio button from the dropdown menu.
- You can choose a track from YouTube’s library or search for a track by typing the name in search box.
- Move the slider under the video to left if you want to lower the music’s volume.
- Click Save to add audio to your video.
Permission from the owner
You can obtain licence of the song you are using on your video. To get permission for the use of copyrighted content/music there are five steps described by Stanford University Libraries.
- Firstly you need to find out that either the copyrighted content needs permission.
- Find out the owner of the content.
- Identify the rights needed and negotiate the payment with the owner.
- You must have written permission agreement.