Do you want to rename multiple files together in Windows 10 quickly? Renaming a file is always an easier and simple method in all versions of Windows. Windows 10 brings its users a simple and fast way to rename the multiple files together without installing any kind of software.
How to Rename Multiple Files Quickly
The users who want to rename a particular file can right click on that file and go to option “Rename” to rename it. But this process is a little more time taking. If any of you want to rename multiple files together, then this process might take much time. So in order to rename the file quickly, there are different ways. The two main ways to rename the multiple files together quickly in Windows 10 are:
- Using F2 hotkey
- Using any third-party software
The easiest and simple process to rename the multiple files in Windows 10 very quickly is the first one. This can be done by just using the F2 Hotkey. The users can press the F2 hotkey to rename the file as described below:
- First of all, open the folder that contains the files that user wants to rename
- Left-click on that file and then press F2 on the keyboard
- Then, enter the new name for the file and don`t press enter
- Instead of pressing the enter button, press the Tab button. This will not only help you to save that file, but also rename the next one directly
- Enter the name of the next file and again press Tab Key to rename the next file
- If you don`t want to rename the next file, and then press the Tab key twice. This will skip the next file and rename the next file
Through this process, you can rename the multiple files very quickly in Windows 10 without using any third party software. In order to rename multiple files very quickly, the users of Windows 8 and 7 also should not need to worry much. They can also use this easy and straight forward process to rename the multiple files together.