To keep your iPhone up to date for better performance, new features and to remove bugs from your phone you need to update it from time to time. The updates are downloaded in your phone before they are installed. Therefore you need enough space on your phone to complete the update process. When you are trying to install the update it won’t complete when your phone has less space for the process to complete and update will end without completion.
Check Apps space and Delete Apps
The applications in your iPhone take storage space and when you don’t have enough room for the completion of update process you have to delete some of the apps. Once the installation of update is completed you can reinstall the deleted app again. To check which app is taking how much of space in the iPhone you can see here or you have to,
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on General.
- Now go to Storage and iCloud
- Tap on Manage Storage from Storage Section.
- The list shows the detail of total size taken by the app and its files. You can click on individual app to check the detail about app size.
- You can delete the apps by clicking on Delete app.
Deleting the Apps
To create more space in your iPhone you need to delete the apps the apps you no longer need. Sometimes your phone contains apps that you have installed and you rarely need them and use that. Such apps are taking storage space therefore you can delete those apps to free up space.
Deleted Pictures and Voicemails
The pictures from your phone that you delete stay in your phone for about 30 days taking up the space. Therefore to release the space you have to remove the pictures manually by going to Photo app and click on Albums. Now click on Recently Deleted and click on individual photo to delete it.
Similarly your voicemails are kept in your phone for few days after you delete them. To remove the voicemail from your phone completely you have to go to Phone and click on Voicemail. Click on Deleted messages and click on Clear all.
Use iTunes for installing the Update
The update can also be installed in your phone via iTunes. You can connect your iPhone to the PC via the cable and update the phone using iTunes. The installation software are downloaded in your PC and only some important files are downloaded in your phone and iTunes helps to install the updates to your iPhone. To perform this task you have to,
- Connect your phone to the computer using the data cable.
- iTunes will be launched if not go to iTunes on your computer.
- From the top left click on iPhone icon.
- When there is update a window popups letting you know the update is available. If not go to the Summary box and click on Check for Updates.
- Window pop-ups, click on Download and Update from there.
- It will update your Phone and you don’t need to be worried about the storage space for the update.
The iTunes process is quite easy to perform as it does not require you to check for the applications to delete to create space and reinstall the apps after the completion of update process.