The Apple always brings updates for its devices. The purpose of these updates is to keep your devices up to date, and they enhance the performance, and remove errors or bugs and fix the issues. It is really important to keep your device up to date. You can now directly update the iOS from your iPhone without connecting it to your PC and update it via iTunes. Let us discuss how we can update the iOS without connecting to iTunes.
To update the iPhone you need to have a wireless connection available for your phone. Although there is a possibility that you can update the iPhone using your phone’s network but it could take lot of data. Therefore it is recommended to update the iOS when you have a fast wireless network connection. The iPhone must be charged before starting the update or if the battery is less during the updation you must connect it to power supply before it runs out of battery.
Before updating the iPhone you must backup your iPhone’s data. It might cause some error while updating the iOS and you need a backup to recover your iPhone. You can see here how to backup your iPhone.
Update the iOS
Now to update the iOS you have to,
- Go to the Settings
- Now go to General.
- Now tap on Software Update. If the update is available you will see a message that update is available and it will add the update to your device.
- Click on Install Now to begin the download and installation of software update.
- You will see a message asking you to update via the Wi-Fi and reminding to connect to power supply for the update process. You have to click on OK.
- Click on Agree when you see the terms and conditions for the installation.
- Download will begin in your iPhone with a blue bar and once the download is completed you will see a message asking you to install the update now or later.
- Click on Install Now.
- The installation will start and your phone screen will show installation process.
- After the installation is completed your phone will restart.
- To complete the update process you have to enter the Apple ID, password and other information to complete the configuration.
- After the configuration you will have new iOS installed in your iPhone and it will be as good as new.