You have been using many apps on your mobile phones without which your phones seem incomplete. These include many apps such as Google maps, your messengers and social networking apps. One of the most important app almost everyone today have it on their mobile phones is Whatsapp. Whatsapp has become a part of our daily communication means. We seldom use SMS service rather we prefer to Whatsapp for messaging, calling and sending and receiving media.
It is really good news for all of us that we can use this app as a desktop app on our Mac and Windows PCs. While working on your Mac you can access Whatsapp without switching to your iPhone or any other phone.
Before introducing the Whatsapp app for desktop the Whatsapp was accessed from desktop using Whatsapp’s website. Users have to login to the website using your browsers that could be chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari etc. scanning the QR code from their website using the mobile phone. Hence all the contacts and messages are access from your browser. You can then send and receive messages and files on it. In 10 May 2016 Whatsapp announced its launch of whatsapp desktop app.
Installation of Whatsapp Application
Whatsapp desktop app can be downloaded from their official website. It is really easy to download and use. Follow the steps to download and install Whatsapp.
- Download Whatsapp application for Mac.
- Launch the downloaded Whatsapp app on Mac. It will show you a screen with QR code.
- Open Whatsapp mobile client on your mobile phone.
- Go to Settings and then open Whatsapp web.
- Now scan the QR code on your Mac from the Whatsapp desktop app.
- After it is scanned all your contacts and messages on your mobile’s app are synchronized with the desktop app on your Mac.
All sent and received messages are shown on both your mobile app and desktop app simultaneously. The desktop app if not sending and receiving messages then you can logout of it.