If you are a Windows 10 user, then you must be facing a problem while using the old programs or software on your PC. Windows 10 is the latest update of Windows in the market by Microsoft. As Windows 10 is more advanced and many new features are added to it, so some of the old apps don’t work correctly on this. So, you can use Windows 10 Compatibility mode to use such programs.
If anyone is having such issue, then just don`t worry and relax. Now, old programs can be installed and used on Windows 10 through Compatibility mode. If any old app or software is not working properly in Windows 10, then users must think about compatibility mode. It will help you to install that app into your PC and run without any error.
How to Run Old Softwares With Windows 10 Compatibility Mode
Compatibility mode can help the users to run the old programs installed on their PC, that is not working properly in Windows 10. The users just have to follow the few steps for this purpose. The steps to install or run the old software and programs through Compatibility mode are given as;
- Turn on your PC and open the folder that contains the file which you want to run on Windows 10.
- Right-click on that app and go to the option “Properties“.
- Then, properties box will be displayed on the screen. Click on the box “Compatibility“.
- Select the option “Run the program in Compatibility mode in” and names of different versions of Windows will be shown.
- Choose that version of Windows with which you want to run that program.
- Then, click on the box “OK” and run that program through compatibility mode without any disturbance.
But if any of you is still having the same problem, then “Program Compatibility Troubleshooter” is the other option. The users can fix the problem for which Compatibility mode is not working properly through Compatibility Troubleshooter.
So, what are you waiting for? If any such old app is not working correctly on Windows 10, then opening it by Compatibility mode is the best way to open it.