Windows 10 File Explorer is much different than the File Explorer of Windows 7. The users of Windows 10 can make their File Explorer look like the File Explorer of Windows 7.
How to Make Windows 10 File Explorer Look Like Windows 7
In order to make the File Explorer of Windows 10 look like Windows 7, the users have to download the software named as “Old New Explorer”. Follow the given below steps to download the Old New Explorer software. Some people may like how to reset Windows 10 to factory settings if there is any problem with it.
First of all, download the Old New Explorer.
After that, execute the file named as “OldNewExplorerCGF.exe” onto your desktop through 7-Zip.
Disable the File Explorer Ribbon
First of all, the File Explorer Ribbon should be disabled to make the Windows 10 File Explorer look like File Explorer of Windows 7. This can be done through this Old New Explorer software as given below:
- Run the installed Old New Explorer software.
- Click on the option “Use command bar instead of Ribbon“.
- Also, select all other sub-options except the option “Hide Up (go to parent folder) Button“.
Change the Style of Navigation Bar
In order to change the style of Navigation Bar, click on the option “Use alternative navigation buttons style” in the Appearance Section of the Configuration Dialog Box. If you are getting to much errors in Windows 10 then you can use EasyRE which is also known as Windows 10 recovery ISO.
Enable the Details Pane
If you are the user of Windows 7, then you must be aware of the Details Pane in the File Explorer. But in windows 10, there is no such Details Pane added by the Microsoft. In order to enable the Details Pane, use the Old New Explorer.
- First of all, open the Old New Explorer Configuration box.
- Choose the option “Show Details Pane on the Bottom” to enable Details Pane.
- Click on the option “Close” to save changes.
Hide the Frequent Folders in the Quick Access List
Follow the given below steps to hide the Quick Access List From the File Explorer:
- Open the File Explorer and go to the “Folder Options“. Click on the option “Show frequently used
- At next, click on the option “Show frequently used folders in Quick Access” and uncheck it.
- Click on the box “Apply” to hide the Quick Access List.