Like old versions, Windows 10 also allows its customers to make secure their PC. They can set a different password to login into the PC. Normally, when the PC is switched on, the users have to enter the password at Lock and Login screen to get access to the Desktop.
But, if you want to get access directly to the Desktop when you turn on your PC, then it is not much easy. For this purpose, the users have to download the app named as, “Autologon” from the Microsoft TechNet.
How to Skip Lock And Login Screen
As mentioned above, the users have to download the Autologon utility to get enter directly into the Desktop without passing through the Lock and Login Screen. The method to skip the Lock and Login Screen is convenient and can be completed within few minutes. Just follow the given below steps:
- First of all, go to TechNet and download the “Autologon” utility.
- After downloading it, extract the setup into the folder and open the Autologon app.
- The PC might can ask you for the User Account Control Prompt, “Agree” the license agreement to proceed forward.
- Then, the dialog box will be shown. The PC will automatically fill the Username and Domain. Users just have to enter the Password.
- Click on the box “Enable“. That`s it.
- After that, the message of “Autologon Successfully Configured” will be displayed on the screen.
Disable Autologon Feature
There are the two ways to disable the Autologon app from Windows 10. The first method is to disable the Autologon app temporary and the other one is to disable it permanently.
- The first way to disable Autologon tool temporary is very simple and straight forward. If you want to disable the autologon feature, then hold the “Shift” button while the PC is switching on.
- The other way to disable Autologon app is also not much difficult. Just open the Autologon tool and enter the username and password. Then click on the box “Disable” to disable it permanently.
So, if you want to skip the Lock and Login Screen, then quickly download the Autologon utility and get rid of it.