Are you a new Windows 10 user? Then, you must have faced the problem while opening the pdf files in Windows 10. Microsoft has disabled the thumbnail preview for PDF files in Windows 10. The Windows 10 PDF preview is available by using thirdy party software.
The users can view the PDF files in Windows 10 through the Microsoft Print or using any other software. So, if you are a Windows 10 user and want to view PDF files in thumbnail preview, then you must think of any third party app.
Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to View PDF Files in Thumbnail Preview
As discussed above that the thumbnail preview is not available for the users to open the PDF files in Windows 10. If any of you is more comfortable with the thumbnail preview of PDF files, then have to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for this purpose. The users just have to follow the given below few steps to open PDF files in thumbnail preview in Windows 10:
- Turn on your PC and open the link in your browser.
- Download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Then, open it as default browser by changing settings.
- Go to the option “Edit” and then to the “Preferences“.
- The list of categories will be displayed on the left panel.
- Click on the “General” and choose the option “Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer” on the right side.
- Click on the box “OK” to save changes. See the Image below
Now, open folder containing PDF files and double-click on any of it. You will see that the PDF files will open in thumbnail preview through Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Use Nitro Reader to View PDF Files in Thumbnail Preview
The other tool can be used to preview PDF files in thumbnail preview is Nitro Reader. The users can follow the given below steps to use Nitro Reader for viewing PDF files in thumbnail preview in Windows 10:
- Go to this link and download the Nitro Reader.
- Set it as default PDF reader by changing settings.
- Now, open any PDF file. It will open in thumbnail preview by Nitro Reader.
What are you waiting for? Just download any of the software and open PDF files in thumbnail preview in Windows 10.